The 8 treasures is a unique Chi Kung (also known as Qi Gong) style that was formally organized around 2,000 years ago and was transmitted by the Ni Family through an unbroken succession of 74 generations of Taoist masters. The form is comprised of 32 movements arranged in 8 sections.
These movements combine toning and strengthening, stretching and breathing techniques for the purpose of maintaining health and preventing disease.
The Eight Treasures Qi Gong form is based on the natural motion of the planets and stars as well as on the simplicity and power of Mother Nature. As our bodies are a small model of Nature, by focusing on maintaining a smooth flow of Qi (Chi) in our bodies, our small universe can begin to attune to the greater rhythms of the Universe, thus creating health.
Regular practice of the 8 Treasures Qi Gong:
* strengthens and balances all aspects of your being
* clears energy blockages
*increases energy levels, flexibility, balance and motor function
* strengthens your immunity
* improves your circulation, digestion and respiratory function
* lowers your blood pressure
* balances your nervous system
* releases stress and tension
* increases awareness and mental clarity
* integrates your body, mind, spirit
* balances your emotions
* develops a strong center, lightness of being and inner peace
* enhances Qi cultivation and longevity
* assists your body’s innate healing powers
* prevents major and minor illness
As you deepen your practice, you may also redirect the flow of vitality so that every muscle, nerve and organ is nourished and tonified…this will definitely make you look and feel more vital!
For our Qi Gong class format and fee schedule, please follow this link