As an active member of the TCM* community, I continue to participate in a number of national and international forums to discuss ways in which Oriental Medicine can be of service during this pandemic.
Chinese Medicine stands on four pillars: Self-cultivation, a Healthy Lifestyle (nutrition and exercise), Acupuncture/Moxibustion, and Herbal Medicine. The first two create the conditions for a robust immunity, while Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine can bring us back home in times when we go astray.
You, as the captain of your body-ship, have the power and the choice to practice a healthy lifestyle. My offering is to provide support for this. Importantly, Herbal Medicine** can be very effective in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19, especially in the early stages and in the recovery period. Since it’s uncertain whether we will be able to practice acupuncture together in the weeks to come, I have created a link on my online appointment scheduler for remote consultations. During these appointments, we will explore:
- Herbal formulas that can best help your immunity and/or relieve COVID-19 symptoms
- Self-administered Acupressure and Moxibustion
- Dietary adjustments
- Specific Qi Gong movements to help maintain or boost your immune system.
Starting Wednesday, March 25th I will offer donation-based online live Qi Gong classes. Follow this link for more information and to register.
- Here you can find an updated compilation of supplements and medicinals, as well as movement and meditation practices, to help you boost your immune system.
Below, you will find donation-based opportunities beginning this weekend through the end of March/early April to participate in online group meditation/practice sessions:
- Deborah Eden Tull
- Tricycle Practice Sessions
- Shambhala Sunday A.M. Public Sit
- Insight LA
- Sangha Live – Free Sunday a.m. meditation
- Sangha Live free video archives
Stay Healthy, calm and trust your instincts!
Yamin Chehin L.Ac. Dipl. O.M
* TCM: Traditional Chinese Medicine
** Articles and journals on how Chinese Medicine can help in times of pandemics: