Follow this protocol whenever you feel toxins need to find a way out of your body. I suggest that you choose either the vegetable juice or the vegetable broth since if you have them together it may be a bit irritating to your intestines. As always, listen to your body, more not always means better.
Some people like to fast for one day while following the below recommendations. Others prefer to eat lightly for the day. You can also extend the 1 day-detox to 1 week and eat your normal diet minus meat and sugar. I trust that you will find the right combination that better suit your needs. Email me with questions!
- ½ a squeezed lemon with a pinch of cayenne pepper in a cup of warm water. Take upon waking, first thing in the morning
- Vegetable Juice: 24 oz. Make the juice from cabbage, cucumber,
carrot/greens, celery, turnip, asparagus, beet/greens, parsley, apple, aloe vera, ½ ginger root. (Split up into 3 portions and drink through the day).
- Vegetable Broth: 24oz. You can make the broth from as many of the
following items: collards, swiss chard, kale, mustard greens, cabbage, dandelion,brussel sprouts , swiss chard, watercress, seaweed (any type), shitake mushrooms, cinlantro, garlic, leek, fennel, (1/4 spoon), anise (1-2 pieces), ginger (3 slices),turmeric (1/4 spoon). (Divide into 3 portions and drink through the day).
- Supplement with 1tsp of either flax seed oil or deep sea fish oil. You can also make overnight Chia pudding by soaking 1 tablespoon of chia seeds in about 8oz of almond or coconut milk. Take a teaspoon of pudding before bed.
- 1 cup of liquid before bed time: 8oz of warm water, 1tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp maple syrup.
Enjoy the cleanse!
Yamin Chehin L.Ac