Eat a huge variety of foods and try new foods as often as you like. Make sure that you get adequate protein, including choices of organic
- chicken, and eggs
If you are vegetarian try these foods for protein:
- Cooked beans or peas
- Nuts or seeds
- Peanut butter
Healthy sources of fats such as
- flaxseed oil or ground flaxseed, and
- olive oil.
Adequate fiber is important to keep digestion regular. Here are some choices:
- Oat bran
- Brown rice
…and fruits such as:
Avoid overeating or skipping meals, as both are harmful and can worsen the condition. Eat smaller, more frequent meals and stay away from greasy, fatty foods and heavy meats.
- Make a tea from 3 slices of fresh ginger and a piece of dried tangerine or orange peel by boiling 3 ½ cups of water for 20 min. Strain and drink 3 or 4 cups a day.
- Make a tea by boiling ½ a cup of dried chamomile and 3 slices of ginger in 3½ cups of water for 20 min. Strain and drink 3 cups daily.
- Take Ginger Capsules (500 to 2,000 miligrams)
- Place some crackers by your bed at night and eat a few upon waking before getting out of bed to soak up excess stomach acid
- Juice 1 medium potato in a juicer or blender, pass through a strainer, and mix the juice with 1 cup of warm water. Drink on an empty stomach in the morning upon waking. The potato juice will coat your stomach and reduce acid.
Enjoy your pregnancy!
Yamin Chehin L.Ac