How’s my alignment right now?
Where is my head in relation to my neck?
- Is my head pressing back and down?
- Is my head tucked too far and in?
- Does my jaw jut forward?
- Is my chin compressed into my neck?
How does my head sit on top of my spine?
- Is my head tilted to one side?
- Is my head tilted when the rest of the body faces straight toward the mirror?
Where is my neck in relation to the rest of the spine?
- Is my neck jutting out in front of my body?
- Is my neck pushed too far so that it is overly straight?
- Is my neck tilted to one side?
What are my shoulders doing?
- Are they hiked up towards the ears>
- Are they rounded forward?
- Are they pinched back?
- Are they level?
What is happening in my chest and ribcage?
- Is my rib cage pulled too far forward?
- Are my ribs sunken?
- Are my ribs held up rigidly?
What is happening in my lower back?
- Is it overarched?
- Is it overly flattened?
What is my stomach doing?
- Is it sticking too far?
- Am I sucking in too far?
How about my pelvis?
- Is it tilted forward or back?
- Is it twisted to one side?
- Is one hip higher than the other?
- Are my kneed braced back?
- Are my knees unnecessarily bent?
- Are my feet toed in, toed out or pointing straight forward?
Note: All you need for your self assessment is awareness. Remember to be objective and non judgmental in your observations.