During this unprecedented and difficult time, I will continue to see patients remotely. I highly recommend that you familiarize yourself with this new way of connecting with and delivering the Medicine. In addition to the continuing telemedicine visits, starting June 3rd, I will resume my in-person acupuncture practice with the necessary modifications in order to insure the safety and health of everyone who comes into the clinic. You can visit my online scheduler to make your appointment now.
In-person acupuncture visits
For face-to-face visits, you will need to schedule a half hour telemedicine consultation for 24-48hrs prior to your appointed time. During this remote consultation, we will have a conversation about your healthcare needs and explore ways in which we can address them. When you come to the office for your in-person appointment, you will walk directly into the treatment room and receive acupuncture for half an hour. The acupuncture will be informed by the tele-conversation.
New clinic protocols
- I will be wearing a surgical mask at all times, and I will actively disinfect the office, especially door knobs, prior to your arrival and after your departure. The format and furnishings of the rooms have been modified to be able to clean the treatment tables thoroughly between patients.
- When you arrive in the office, please wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer on the secretary’s desk in the LA office and on the patio table in the San Diego office.
- If you have any respiratory imbalance, please do not come in for an in-person treatment but make a telemedicine appointment. I will assess the situation and make supplement and herbal medicine recommendations based on your symptoms.
- For reasons of safety and sanitation, I will no longer provide gowns or towels for your visit. Please, come to your visit with comfortable and acupuncture friendly clothes and/or bring a towel/ blanket for me to cover you during the treatment.
- The waiting room will be closed. Neither patients nor those who might accompany them can use the waiting room. I will let you know when the treatment room is available via text message. I recommend that you wait in your car until you receive the text message. For those of you who do not drive, please wait outside of the office building for my text. Please know that I will do my best to get you in on time, so please be ready 5 minutes before your appointed time.
- Parking: For those of you coming to the Los Angeles office, remember that parking is $9 in the building’s parking lot on weekdays and free on Sundays. If you choose street parking, I recommend that you park on La Grange and enter the building through the side door on that same street; that way you will avoid most people entering the building who use the main entrance on Barrington Ave.
At the end of our remote visit, my office assistant Tara Wells will send you an invoice with a link to pay via debit or credit card. Let us know if you’d like to place your card on file for future visits; otherwise upon receiving your e-invoice you will see a link to pay via Venmo, Debit or Credit card.
Note: Herbal formulas and supplements will not ship until our office receives your payment in full.
Thank you for your cooperation and flexibility as we navigate this most unusual time!
To your Health!
Yamin Chehin L.Ac; Dipl O.M